Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Gallbladder Recovery

Tomorrow morning marks two weeks since I've had my gallbladder removed. I confess that I have not been an ideal patient. As I remember it through my morphine/benedryl/demerol induced fog, I was instructed by a person in scrubs that I should not lift more than 15 pounds for two weeks.

Quinn weighs 25 pounds. Friday I caved in. For over a week Grandma and Grandpa had been pulling childcare duty and I MISSED my babies. So I picked them up from daycare Friday and have been with them since.

My guts have been speaking to me a little. But I'm so happy to be back with them, and SO relieved to have the operation done. The surgeon says all looked good to him visually, and the procedure went smoothly. Darin and Mom were waiting for word from him after the surgery, and he came out with two sheets of pictures of my gallbladder. Eeeww! But also cool!

Thank goodness it is done. Now I just need to make myself rest more. Follow up, complete with pathology reports, is November 1st. Keep me in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

We're always thinking about you!!